Thank you for your interest in Lighthouse Christian Academy. Our goal is to make the application process as simple and straightforward as possible. Below are the steps to the process and links to the required forms.
Step 1: Get to know us
Become familiar with our academic and extra-curricular programming through our website. For more information call our international program director at 310.829.2522 or email JoshYoung@LCAsaints.org.
Step 2: Apply for admission
Submit the following to:
Attn: International Program Director
Lighthouse Christian Academy
1424 Yale Street
Santa Monica, California 90404
- Fill out an International Student Application.
- Download a form, complete, and return to the admissions office by mail or fax, or email a digital copy.
- Official copy of student’s grades / transcripts from past two years of academics, including English translation and school seal
- Copy of student’s passport
- Official copy of immunization record in English
- Documentation of a TOEFL or iTEP SLATE score.
- For more information on the TOEFL or to schedule a test visit www.toefl.org. Please request on the TOEFL registration form that your scores be sent directly to the Lighthouse Christian Academy. Our school code is 9112.
- For more information on the iTEP SLATE or to schedule a test visit www.itepexam.com. Please request on the registration form that your scores be sent directly to the Lighthouse Christian Academy.
- A recent photo of applicant.
- Official copy of bank statement with sufficient funds for tuition and fees (in U.S. currency as required by INS)
- Non-refundable $150 application fee, payable to LCA. Wire transfer information is available on request.
Step 3: Schedule a Skype Interview
Once we receive the application, the international student director will contact you for an interview. The interview consists of meeting with the applicant for about 30 minutes. Interviews can be conducted in person or by Skype.
Step 4: Notification of Admission Status
Following the interview and review of all application documents, you will be notified via email of your admission status. The decision is made based on the student application, interview, availability of host families, and the fit of the student with available host families. Lighthouse Christian Academy admits qualified students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin. If accepted, LCA will send you an Acceptance Letter along with an Enrollment Packet.
Step 5: Items to submit once admitted to confirm enrollment:
- Pay for tuition in full prior to July 1. Failure to do this can result in the cancellation of the I-20.
- Enrollment Contract
Step 6: Follow-up Procedure
Upon receiving the required enrollment paperwork and fees, LCA will send the following:
1. A Welcome Letter (verification of enrollment)
2. The I-20 form from LCA
3. A receipt for any payment made to LCA
Lighthouse Christian Academy has state department clearance to issue I-20 visas through the SEVIS system. After students have been admitted, submitted all of the above documents and paid the tuition in full, the I-20 will be issued. If the student is accepted, the I-20 will be sent to the family by mail after the enrollment contract and tuition payment has been submitted to LCA.
Sign the I-20 issued to you by Lighthouse Christian Academy. Your signature on the I-20 commits you to the terms outlined on page 2 of the I-20.
Step 7: Visa Application
The documents needed at the Embassy are:
1. The Passport
2. The Acceptance Letter
3. The I-20 form from LCA
4. The receipt for any payments made to LCA
5. Proof of payment of SEVIS I-901 fee
6. Proof of family financial support
7. Proof of connection to home country after schooling is finished
Step 8: Final Details
When your Visa is granted, please contact the LCA international program director immediately and provide a copy of the Visa. Also inform the school as to when you will be arriving in Santa Monica. Airline arrangements are to be direct flights from the student’s home country to Los Angeles (LAX). Each student is to provide travel itinerary including flight confirmation number, flight number, date, and time so that it can confirmed on the airline’s website.
Arrange flight and then notify LCA international program director of your travel plans. Arrive on campus the date the I-20 begins. If you travel to the US prior to this date, please understand that you must provide your own transportation and living arrangements. Please arrive on campus on the day the I-20 begins.
Upon arrival in the United States, submit a medical form, which is to be completed by a physician in the United States. This may be completed prior to the arrival date on campus or can be arranged with the host family during the first week of boarding, prior to the beginning of the academic year. This medical evaluation will be at the boarding student’s expense.
If you have any questions about the admission process, please contact Josh Young, international program director, at 310.829.2522 or send an email to JoshYoung@LCAsaints.org.